0

Are Olly Murs And Caroline Flack Set To Replace Dermot On The X Factor?

We’ve just about managed to drag ourselves out from under the covers and used up our last packet of Kleenex – after being dealt the blow yesterday that our beloved Dermot O’Leary won’t be returning to The X Factor this year.

But guess who MIGHT be coming in to replace our favourite hip-shaking Dad-dancer? None other than tight-trousered lothario Olly Murs and high-kicking tango enthusiast Caroline Flack.

YES! Rejoice boys and girls, for our favourite Xtra-Factor presenters of all time (apols, Konnie Huq) COULD be returning to our screens for the big-time presenting gig.

Sources told The Sun yesterday that Simon Cowell had been in secret meetings with Olly and Caroline to discuss them both hosting the prime-time ITV show, and that if the pair agree to it, it’ll be quite the ‘coup’:

“Simon has secretly met with Olly and Caroline. They’re all fully on board.”

“Olly is very much the new Dermot. It’s a huge coup because of his music commitments, but he feels he owes Simon his entire career because of his time as a show contestant.”

Whilst Cazza and Ols have said next to nothing about the hoo-ha on Twitter, a rep for Olly has confirmed that he’s in discussions about the role but nothings been confirmed.

Apparently, Olly and Caroline’s return is part of a whole load of new changes to the format of the show – thought to be in need of a shake-up after losing to Strictly Come Dancing in the ratings war every week for the past few years.

And according to The Sun,  Dermot had to quit before he was pushed. A show insider told the paper that: “This wasn’t Dermot’s decision. He was desperate to stay but knew the writing was on the wall.”

“Dermot had to go. It just wasn’t working out and Simon realised enough was enough.”

Ooh, it’s like Cheryl-gate all over again, isn’t it?

Dermot revelead he was leaving the show on Twitter yesterday. The 41-year-old said: “Good afternoon. After eight wonderful years on @TheXFactor it’s time for me to move on.

“I’d like to thank ITV, Simon, The X Factor family and particularly the viewers, all of whom have been a big part of my life for so long.

“I’d like to wish the team all the best for the future, especially whoever takes over from me.

“You’re about to be the conductor on the most brilliant, runaway train in showbiz. Good luck you’ll love it.”

 

Are Olly Murs And Caroline Flack Set To Replace Dermot On The X Factor?
By MazSight

Earlier this month, Dermot had said: “We normally sit down February/March but Simon wants to change stuff. So I need to see what changes he is going to make before a) I know if he wants me and b) whether I’m suitable for those changes.

“If he [Simon] turns around and says, ‘Half your gig is a voiceover’, then I will have to think about it. If he lets me do my thing then of course I would do it.”

However, it might not all be bad news for Dermot, as there are rumours that he could be taking over Top Gear presenting duties after Jeremy Clarkson was axed.

We asked the BBC Press Office if Dermot O’Leary is replacing Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear but they won’t comment further.

— BBC Newsbeat (@BBCNewsbeat) March 27, 2015

The BBC have declined to comment on the matter.

INNERESTING, HMM?

Whilst we’re going to mourn Dermy’s exit from the X Factor forever more, we REALLY hope that Caz and Ols will make a return to the show.

And while we’re at it – BRING BACK WAGNER.

[X Factor 2015: Dermot Is AXED From The Show!]
[X Factor 2015: Simon Cowell Is The ONLY Judge Safe]


louiesolicilinks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *