It’s the beginning of the end.
Dancing on Ice’s final series is here and things have kicked off with a BANG. Former winners and contestants from all eight of the prior series have returned for a last go on the ice including Bonnie Langford, Kyran Bracken and Ray Quinn. Tonight we were treated to the first seven of the fourteen couples and it was as acrobatic, glamorous and spandex covered as you could hope. The evening ended with the brutal elimination of not just one but two couples. Seventh series 2nd place winner Jorgie Porter was eliminated without a chance to enter the skate off despite earning one of the highest scores of the night (bit harsh to anyone else?). Meanwhile Joe Pasquale returned from the eigth series only to lose the skate off against Bonnie Langford while dressed as a superhero. As you do. Catch up on these moments and a few others in our list below!
1. Bonnie Langford and Andrei Lipanov had a routine that was TOO. DARN. HOT. Seriously guys, it got personal.
2. Judge Ashley Roberts came as half banana, half jewellery box.
3. Ray Quinn and Maria Filippov ripped it up in purple to One Direction’s Best Song Ever, earning them one of the joint highest scores of the night. Ray looked confident back on the ice, but that doesn’t mean those jumps aren’t just a LITTLE bit intimidating.
4. Jorgie Porter jokes (well, we’re pretty sure it was a joke) that Sylvain Longchambon needs to try it on with her about six times every second. Their candy coated performance earned them some of the highest marks of the evening, but conversation quickly turned back to when Sylvain was going to make a move on Jorgie.
5. Joe Pasquale was both a secret agent:
AND a super hero.
It was as cringe worthy as it was incredible. We imagine he’s quite happy to have gone out on the note of achieving every boy’s childhood dreams in one swoop.
6. Gareth Gates and Brianne Delcourt brought some icy Hollywood Glam to the proceedings looking like a pair of celebs who decided to skate to the Oscars this year.
7. The results are announced! Jorgie and Sylvain are immediately eliminated having received the fewest public votes.
Can we just say Sylvain looks like he’s trying SO HARD not to smile here.
8. Joe and Bonnie end up in the skate off. Despite attempting to employ his superpowers, Joe is eliminated by the judges.
What did you make of the kick off to Dancing on Ice’s final series? Did your vote make it through? Who do you think will be next to go? Let us know in the comments and we’ll see you back on the ice!
[Jorgie Porter: I don't know what Sylvain is saying!]
[David Seaman marrying Dancing on Ice partner Frankie Poultney]