If only every festival had living Toy Story characters wandering around.
THAT’S what we found ourselves thinking at the Isle of Wight Festival 2014 this weekend. Oh sure we loved the music (DID YOU SEE CALVIN HARRIS!? WE ACTUALLY COULD HAVE DIED IT WAS SO GOOD) but there’s just something special about seeing living cartoon characters swaying in the crowds. Check out that moment and even more in our round up of the best twitpics and Instagrams from The Isle of Wight Festival this weekend.
1. Ronan Keating tweeted this picture of John Newman’s set. It’s comforting to know that he couldn’t get a good view either.
2. THIS HAPPENED AND IT WAS ALMOST BETTER THAN ALL THE HEADLINERS PUT TOGETHER.
3. Former England keeper David James was backstage over the weekend.
He challenged a couple of celebs to some games, here’s how it went:
The Vamps did this… thing… involving being inside bubble pods. They didn’t win.
Katy B took some penalties against David James. She didn’t win.
John Newman took a shot against him. Guess what? He didn’t win.
4. Nina Nesbitt and Rival Sons apparently sang together THE ENTIRE WAY back to the mainland on the ferry.
5. Alesha Dixon arrived in a helicopter. Not even the Red Hot Chili Peppers arrived in a helicopter. We’re just saying, Alesha.
6. Speaking of the Red Hot Chili Peppers – these swans got a private show from Chili’s guitarist Josh Klinghoffer. WHY AREN’T WE GETTING PRIVATE SHOWS JOSH?
7. The 1975 did their best Miley Tongue.
8. NVS and Cher Lloyd hung out backstage and we want a collaboration NOW.
9. Nina Nesbitt got all #moody on us.
10. The Red Arrows put in a surprise appearance!
11. Pete Wentz of Fallout Boy gave the hardest of hard eyebrows.
12. Also, the most important update of the weekend: THERE WERE GIANT BUBBLES BACKSTAGE OMG.
And that was the Isle of Wight Festival, but we know full well that there’s even more that went on: share your favourite moments in the comments! Also be sure to stay up to date with all of our festival coverage this summer right here.