While the summer TV season is winding down on most networks, The CW is keeping the party going with its new show, “Bulletproof.”
After airing its six-episode Season 1 on Sky One in the United Kingdom last year, the cop drama is heading to the United States tonight with its CW series premiere.
“‘Bulletproof’ follows partners Bishop (Noel Clarke) and Pike (Ashley Walters) as they chase down hardened criminals in London’s East End,” the show’s synopsis shares. “The series is both high-octane action and thrilling cases. On the surface, Bishop and Pike have a lot in common, they are cool, smart, unapologetically street-wise and tough; they share a deep, fraternal relationship and are always there for each other.
“Their personal motivations and emotional lives outside the police force differ, Pike is an aspirational family man, the son of a decorated police officer, determined to follow in his father’s footsteps, but not in his shadow. Bishop on the other hand, who never knew his father, grew up in foster care and on the streets.”
Aside from starring on “Bulletproof,” Walters (“Billionaire Ransom,” “Get Rich or Die Tryin’”) and Clarke (“Star Trek Into Darkness,” “Doctor Who”) also co-created the series with Nick Love and serve as executive producers alongside Love, Allan Niblo, Michele Buck and Judy Counihan.
Check out the rest of the stars making up the “Bulletproof” cast, and the characters they portray:
- Christina Chong (“Dominion,” “24: Live Another Day”) as Officer Nell McBride
- Lashana Lynch (“Captain Marvel,” “Still Star-Crossed”) as Arjana Pike
- Mandeep Dhillon (“24: Live Another Day,” “Wolfblood”) as Officer Kamali Khan
- David Elliot (“Down a Dark Hall,” “Sleeping Beauty”) as Tim’ Jonsey’ Jones
- Jason Maza (“Truth or Die”) as Officer Chris Munroe
- Caroline Goodall (“The White Princess,” “Berlin Station”) as Charlotte Carmel
- Clarke Peters (“The Wire” and “Love Is_”) as Ronald Pike
- Lindsey Coulson (“EastEnders”) as Sarah Tanner
“Bulletproof” premieres on The CW on Wednesday at 8 p.m. EDT.