We were *seriously* freaking out last week.
So we breathed a massive sign of relief when Niall Horan blasted One Direction split rumours on Tuesday… insisting that they were a load of rubbish.
THANK THE LORD!
Directioners all over the world had a collective meltdown when Simon Cowell was quoted as saying that the boys would only make two more albums.
He reportedly told The Daily Star: “Bands don’t stay together forever. I think that they will make at least two more albums, and they’re in the middle of one right now.”
But good old Niall has stepped up to deny the claims, insisting that 1D will be around for as long as the fans want them to be.
So forever and ever and ever then, yeah?
He told The Irish Sun: “He was clearly misquoted or something. We’re going to go as long as we can go, as long as people want us we will be here. None of that rumours business.”
And while Si APPARENTLY said that he expected the lads (especially Harry) to pursue solo careers in the not-so-distant future, Niall explained that this was news to him!
He said: “I don’t want to think about that at the minute. I’m still here, still with the band.
“I don’t need to think about it at all – I’m having a great time here, touring and having the craic with the lads – we are all still having a great time.
Niall added: “We’ve got another album at the end of the year and doing our business as we do on a kind of yearly basis.
“I’m not thinking of what I have to do after just yet.”
Hazza has also recently denied rumours that he’s been planning to leave and launch his own pop career without the boys.
He told TOTP Magazine: “I’m 100 per cent in this band.
“I still want to be touring with One Direction in ten years. I’ll be doing it until I’m old and people are telling me to stop.”
This is seriously the best news we’ve heard all week!
[ Simon Cowell Claims Fight With Cheryl Over US X Factor Was A 'Nightmare' ]
[ Simon Cowell: One Direction Will Split After Two More Albums, Harry Styles Will Go Solo ]