Prince William and Kate Middleton will be heading to Pakistan for a four-day tour from Oct. 14 to 18. But it has been revealed that their three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis won’t make an appearance.
A statement from Kensington Palace previously confirmed that the royal couple’s upcoming tour will be their most complex tour to date due to the ongoing political tensions in the region. But even if this is the case, royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams said that the Cambridges are perfectly suited to deal with the delicate diplomatic matters.
“The forthcoming tour of Pakistan by William and Kate is a visit to a friendly Commonwealth country which is likely to enhance the belief that in an area where there are sensitive issues. The Cambridges are a perfect choice. William visited Israel and the occupied Palestinian Territories last year and this, the first official visit to one of the world’s most sensitive areas by a member of the royal family, was considered a triumph,” he told Express.
But since the tour is considered to be dangerous, Prince William and Middleton’s children will not be taking part in it. Prince George and Princess Charlotte are also in school, and they won’t be allowed to miss their classes just to attend a dangerous overseas tour that could put their lives at risk. Prince Louis is just 1 year old, and there’s no reason to also put his life in danger.
Last month, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle decided to bring their son, Archie, with them when they toured South Africa. The continent is very close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s hearts. Prince Harry has also been to South Africa a couple of times, and he knows that the country isn’t dangerous for his son.
Meanwhile, Prince William and Middleton’s youngest son also made headlines this week after it was revealed that he might be given a special role at Princess Beatrice’s Wedding next year. If the nuptials will take place after April, Prince Louis would already be 2 years old then.