Perhaps the best night of the “Dancing With the Stars” competition has arrived, with the remaining nine teams all getting ready to get in gear for what will certainly be a magical night of performances and (hopefully) great scores from the judges—Disney Night!
Though another elimination is likely set to take place at the end of the night’s competition and live votes from viewers, the remaining teams on the ABC series will need to bring their best to the floor if they want the votes, as this particular night of the year has often served as a turning point in the competition. In addition, with viewers voting live on their routines, if the pairs don’t do their assigned movies justice, they will definitely be risking elimination.
The pressure will especially be on since the show is going all-out for this year’s Disney Night, with a press release stating that the opening dance number for the show will take place at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and will feature the cast strutting their stuff both on Main Street, U.S.A. and in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. In addition, they will be seen in pre-recorded segments throughout the park as well, and one couple will be seen taking a look at “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.” Plus, inside the ballroom, a special dance will be performed to the new song “Into the Unknown” from the upcoming “Frozen II” movie, and special looks will be shown of the upcoming Disney+ show “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” as well as the live-action “Lady and the Tramp.”
Still, though, the night won’t end without one elimination. Before looking into which team may find themselves not having a magical happily-ever-ending though, check out the routines they’ll be bringing to the stage below:
The press release once again has not revealed which teams will be performing to each individual Disney property, but it is sure to be a night of some old classics and new favorites, with the following songs among some of the ones that will be played as the teams debut their new routines.
- “We’re All in This Together” from “High School Musical”
- “Under the Sea” from “The Little Mermaid”
- “A Spoonful of Sugar” from “Mary Poppins”
- “Beauty and the Beast” from the live-action “Beauty and the Beast”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” from the live-action “The Lion King”
The nine remaining teams will bring the following seven kinds of routines to the ballroom as they reenact their Disney films with their routines.
- “The Bachelorette” star Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten, a.k.a #TeamAlanbamaHannah
- Pop Star Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber, a.k.a #TeamTime2Shine
- Country Artist Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko, a.k.a #TeamTonkyHonk
- TV Host and “Queer Eye” star Karamo and Jenna Johnson, a.k.a #TeamJeranamo
- Comedian and actor Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson, a.k.a #TeamDanceWitKel
- “The Office” actress Kate Flannery and Pasha Pashkov, a.k.a #TeamThatsWhatKateSaid
- Photographer and Model Sailor Brinkley-Cook and Val Chmerkovskiy, a.k.a #TeamSailaV
- TV and film actor James Van Der Beek and Emma Slater, a.k.a #TeamVanderSlate
- Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and Lindsay Arnold, a.k.a #TeamSweetandSpicey
“Dancing With the Stars” airs Mondays at 8 p.m. EDT on ABC.