So in a bid to entice viewers back to ITV, bosses are planning one big old format shake-up for this year’s show… and we think things are about to get very interesting.
While we assumed that Chezza and Mel would be dead certs for the 2015 panel, executive producer Richard Holloway has warned that the only person with a secure place is Simon.
Yeah, we’re not sure how we’re going to cope with out Mrs F-V in our lives every Saturday night.
The long-time boss also admitted that, while the name of the show is staying the same, the entire set-up could be having a major re-vamp.
The XF boss told The Mirror: “There will be some exciting changes. The name of the show will stay the same but we are looking at the format and the judges.
“There will be some surprises this year.”
When asked if Mel, Cheryl, Louis and Simon would all be returning this year, Richard simply said: “It is safe to say Simon is staying.”
Cheryl, 31, did hint that she’d wouldn’t be returning to our screens in a recent interview with The Telegraph’s Stella magazine, saying:
“My focus is on the charity this year. It was supposed to be last year, but X Factor’s kind of tasking, time-wise.”
With this year’s auditions due to start in just a few weeks, those guys at XF need to hurry up and decide on this year’s panel.
Not that we’re in the know or anything, but we’ve got a feeling a certain ‘Female Boss’ might be making a comeback. Just putting it out there.
[ Cheryl Fernandez-Versini Wants To Become A Politician – newcastle‘s Next Eva Peron? ]
[ Cheryl Fernandez-Versini Defends Her Marriage And Slams The ‘Sexist’ Music industry ]